For décor lovers who are aiming to bring a hint of the season’s warmth and brightness into their homes this autumn, the metallic trend can instantly illuminate your space. Whether you want to upgrade your usual lighting fixtures for a shimmering solution or bring a striking effect to that plain, dreary living room, here are our top ways to embrace the metallic décor trend at home for Fall 2015.
1) Use bronze or copper lamps to bring warmth into your space: For a quick decorating fix, the look of gleaming lamps in cool bronze and copper shades can help you dive into the metallic home accents trend. Look for hanging round lamps to contrast with white décor and create an edgy effect, or update your coffee table with a structured, funky metallic table lamp.
2) Bring a brightening touch to your space with gold detailed wallpaper: To create an ethereal, luxurious space, try adding textured golden wallpaper to an otherwise unadorned space. Swirls of gold can also create a winning accent wall, for anyone who isn’t quite willing to cover their four walls with the sparkling look of a treasure chest.
3) Adorn your space with a wall mirror with a silver border: If you’re hoping to fake the look of a spacious room, an illuminating wall mirror can easily help you achieve this effect. Upgrading your bathroom or bedroom wall with a silver-accented rectangular mirror also brings the metallic trend into your space, without an overwhelming burst of shimmer.
Photo: Hold It Home (@holdithome) on Twitter
4) Update your living room with a modern golden coffee table: While classic wooden coffee tables are typically mainstays in every living room, golden accents bring a modernized, avant garde look to even the most traditional home. Try accessorizing your brown leather sofa and hardwood flooring with a slim, golden-detailed coffee table for a new take on the trend.
5) Contrast bold metallic touches with neutral décor: If your home is complete with the season’s understated grey, brown and beige shades, sophisticated metal details can offset a neutral decorating scheme. Use a slim copper vase to rejuvenate your living room, or simply update your dark wooden dining room table with metallic dishware or a golden centrepiece.